Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pennsylvania

Things I learned while on vacation:

1. Mapquest is not always right. Either own a GPS or have a detailed map with you of the area you're in.
2. Pennsylvania is FULL of roads. They all go somewhere but not usually where you want them to. I think it has something to do with the hills.
3. Pennsylvania is NOT full of McDonald's. Which is a good thing really. Until you're really really REALLY hungry (or worse yet, have to go to the bathroom) and you're driving around in the middle of somewhere and there's nothing but houses and hills and lots of scenery. By the way, if you get hungry and you see a bar, stop and eat. You'll be pleasantly surprised. We tried to stop at an Italian place but it wasn't open yet. So the bar got our business and BOY WAS THE BARBECUE GOOD! The name is Phamous Phils and I think it was on Swamp Pike. If you paid me to find it again, I couldn't but my sister could. She has a GPS. :-)
4. When you want something like a Coke or a candy bar or coffee you don't stop at a Stop N Go, or a 7-11. You stop at Wawa. I just about split a gut laughing at that name. Wawa! Wawa! Don't get me started.

Of course I took some needlepoint with me and started a new project! I hope to have it done for Christmas. I didn't take a picture yet. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment