Monday, November 16, 2009

February Stitch a Forest Plant a Tree













I finished the January Tree so it only makes sense to start the one I picked for February (above). This one has a LOT of fun stuff going on so I'm going to do it as suggested and not make any changes. Lots of threads and stitches make this one a real stand out. So far, as you might be able to tell, I did the very top green part and added the overlay snowflake, the second stripe and finished the third which is a variety of colors and stitches. I started the fourth which is all the same stitch in red. I'll give you pictures as I keep working on it.




I was kind of interrupted in my February tree because I finally started working on my Melissa Shirley pear piece! Wow! I was trying to save it for this weekend's getaway but I got a little too excited. So far I have the first pear stitched but not the beads on it and not the stem on it. The colors on this are a little off from the real canvas but I hope you get the idea. Most of my stitching time is on the weekend although I do get to stitch a little in the evening. I hope I have some time during the getaway too. How cool are these pears?




No comments:

Post a Comment